Tuesday, April 14, 2015

How I`m doing with my research.

     When I started to research last class I got a lot of information over Radiation therapy. It really shocked me because what they have to go through is very tough. They`re getting treatment to try and cure their cancer, and then their healthy cells get damaged. This causes them to become even weaker during treatment. In a way I already knew this because of my Grandma. When she was going through treatment even walking to the bathroom fatigued her.

       While I was doing my research today I learned about many different aspects of Cancer. I discovered that there are three different types of cancerous cells that can be created. There is Oncogenes, which makes cells multiply, there`s tumor suppressor genes, which halt cell multiplication, and then there`s genes that repair other damaged genes that have to do with DNA. I had absolutely no clue there were three types of cancer cells. I just thought you got cancer and that`s that.
       
          I`m planning to try to go to a cancer hospital soon. I really want to talk to the doctors. If they don`t that`s perfectly fine because I  know they`re really busy. I`m just really excited to see what else I`m going to learn! I`ve learned and absorbed SO much information in just two class periods! I wonder what I will learn next!




       

3 comments:

  1. Your topic is so interesting! Your photo really portrays the difference between normal cells and cancer cells. I can't wait to see what else you will learn researching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job so far! Maybe you could get someone at a cancer hospital to answer some interview questions via email if you can't get a face-to-face meeting arranged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good topic! I want to know more!

    ReplyDelete