Friday, May 8, 2015

Genius Hour is coming to an end

       I had such an amazing time with Genius Hour! I`m so happy Mrs. Heckert assigned us this project! I love learning about so many things in general, but  I also love learning more about myself. This project helped me to achieve both of these things.
      
          Questions:

1) What was your favorite part of the topic you chose?

2) What was your least favorite part of the topic you chose?

3) What do you like best about the Genius Hour research?

4) What do you like the least about the Genius Hour research?

5) What was the most important thing you learned about yourself, how you learn, or research in general as a result of this work?

            Answers:

1) I loved that there is so much you can learn about Cancer. I wanted to try to cover as much as possible because I love to retain so much information. That`s why I went and learned a little bit of everything during these six weeks.

2) I didn`t like that in order to learn I had to read so much  about my topic. I love to read, but I  would`ve liked to maybe to a hands on representation of how the cancer cells work, or something like that.

3) I liked that I didn't have to go trough so many websites to find the information I needed. There was a lot of variety to choose from! It was really good!

4) I didn`t like that we only had six weeks total to do our research. I would`ve liked a total of seven weeks maybe.

5) I learned that I am really passionate about this topic. I also learned that even though it`s tedious to read a lot, I learn and retain a lot of information if I can see it and read it.

             My presentation is next week on Tuesday and I`m ready and excited to share what I have learned with you guys! I had a great experience and I really hope I can do this again next year!








1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed genius hour ! It was such a fun project . I do agree that it would be fun to do it next year too.

    ReplyDelete